Can I transfer my child from homeschool to public school during high school?

Yes. You’ll want to make an appointment with the school. If you are transferring your child from home to a public or private high school, you are not required by law to provide the school with a transcript. A school cannot refuse a child’s enrollment, but they may ask to see indications of a student’s progress to better assess their capabilities. A student may first enter into an applied stream for a semester to have their academic achievement assessed.

The Canadian Achievement Test (CAT4) is one way parents can show their students’ academic progress. Parents can also show a scope and sequence in their child’s portfolio to help gauge their overall academic growth.